Last week I asked our facebook page – coolfacts fans to suggest me a topic. I didn’t knew I was about to get a series of topic ideas. One of those ideas was to write facts about companies which are famous! I loved that idea and chose Coca Cola to write about for now. I hope you would love to read a few cool facts about coca cola.
- Did you know Cuba and North Korea is the only countries where you can’t buy Coca Cola?
- In 2011 Coca-Cola was the world’s most valuable brand according to Interbrand.
- The very first bottle of Coca Cola was sold on May 8, 1886.
- Initially Coca Cola was marketed as a patent medicine which could cure morphine addiction, impotence and many other diseases.
- The original recipe of Coca Cola had cocaine in it.
- There is a popular myth which says that only two executives have access to the formula, with each executive having only half the formula. In fact the truth is only 2 executives have unrestricted access and both know the complete formula and the process by which Coca cola is manufactured.
- The company Coca cola only produces the concentrated Syrup and not the bottled Coca cola. This syrup is distributed world-wide to the bottlers. These bottlers produce mix the syrup with water and sweeteners, and then carbonate it before putting it in cans and bottles.
- As per the latest statistics Coca cola stands number one in the industry by selling 1.6 billion cases in 2010. Pepsi stands 3rd.
- When Coca cola entered into the Chinese market, one of the first suggestions on how to write Coca cola in Mandarin, turned out to mean “Bite the wax tadpole”.
I hope you really enjoyed reading these! If you would like to see more facts about Companies, please let us know by commenting below!