Here are some facts which sounds so unreal, but are true. Hope you enjoy reading these.
- Australia once lost a prime minister and he’s never been found. Apparently he went for swimming in an ocean and disappeared.
- Russia has larger surface area than Pluto.
- Between it’s discovery and dropping it out of the planetary club, Pluto didn’t finish even one revolution around the sun. That means even Pluto didn’t get to celebrate even one Plutonian year anniversary before it happened!
- Norway and North Korea are separated by just one country. So we can actually say, one of the richest countries on earth and one of the poorest are separated by the biggest country on earth.
- Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia. Find more interesting facts about Australia here.
- Liquid tungsten is so hot that if you dropped it into a lava flow the lava would freeze the tungsten.
- The hats which you see on most of the wild west movies worn by the cowboys are not the right ones. The most popular hat of the time was a bowler hat.
- White Phosphorus was discovered when a dude collected almost 300 gallons of piss, let it rot, and then distilled the foul black sludge that resulted.
- While getting a kidney transplant, in normal cases your old kidney will not be removed.
- The U.S. has giant laser beams which can be used for taking down enemy planes.
- Pure honey has a shelf life of thousands of years and does not need to be refrigerated.
- There are stars so far away that we cannot see their light because the universe has not existed long enough for their light to travel all the way to us.
- If you take all the molecules in a teaspoon of water and lined them up end to end in a single file line, they would stretch a staggering ~30 billion miles.
- Mammoths still walked the Earth while the Pyramids were being built.
Not all these facts are really useful, but it might come in handy if you’re having nothing fun to talk about. Let us know what you think about this and do share it with your friends.